Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Her touch was softer than usual tonight. Her cheek pressed against mine as her smile met my face. It had been a while since I had seen her but those green eyes are never easy to forget. She came out of nowhere for what seemed no apparent reason except o share this moment right now. A rendezvous with the mundane abruptly came to an end as the scent of her perfume floated my way, cinnamon and roses. Time and time again had we met, each time more appropriate than the one prior. Everything around us seemed to fade for just a moment. All that was left were the gray clouds above and the incoming mist. Hearts held in unison as her voice began to caress my ears. Each syllable dripped with honey and her breath smelled like sweet incense. Here we stood at the street corner exchanging sweet nothings into each other with our embrace locked within this suspension of time. I could feel her lips move against my cheek and my heart began to move faster and faster palpitating an opus with the speed of a freight train. Minutes passed like hours as we stood on that corner, it seemed the entire world passed by in that brief moment, nothing worth concerning ourselves with. We had each other. As soon as it began the moment ended. Words were never uttered as our eyes remained locked in repose. With a wink she vanished into the crowd knowing that our next reunion will be even more intimate. A tear of bittersweet joy ran down my cheek as my heart began to grown. She needed to go as did I but the parting had never been easy. I go my way and she goes her own as she continues to cry out in the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wisdom?

man you had me going... i was all "dang! jonathan found him a lady-friend! a fraulein! a petit chou!"

but alas-and-did-my-savior-bleed, the poet, dare he speak of sophia?