Thursday, December 21, 2006

The city fills the boy's lungs as he gasps for air. Not a soul around for miles as tears pour down his soot covered cheeks. Jeans ripped and his one bright red fire truck shirt are now faded and a smoky brown. Ash as far as the eye can see as a flickering streetlight is the only sign of life. Sitting down under the translucent buzz he lifts his brown eyes and whimpers, "I just want to let you know I love You, I just wanted you to know." Streams race down his face as his shattered heart begins to burn with an indescribable comfort. Immediately he is in the air delicately being cradled by arms laced with brawn. He looks up to see a tear filled smile looking at him. "You have no idea how much I know you love me!" his savior whispers in his ear. For what seems an eternity they stand in unbreakable tear riddled affection. He blinks and sees the sky between his Messiah's strands of hair and is warmed by the orange, purple, and white glow. He is let down and put on his feet as the man wipes his tears away saying, "I'm home for good!"
The sunrise does prophecy my beloved's return

No comments: