Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What If I Stumble

We cling so tight to destiny
As we sway back and forth
Often nothing left to go back to
As the ideas fade away

With tear filled eyes we forget the promise
We hold so very dear
Reckless abandon drove us
Wondering why we are here

God I beg you
Give me grace to fight
I'm tired and I'm forgetful
Sleeping through the night

I need help
Like a blind man's rubiks cube
Disarray the watermark
The colors faded and crude

Too forlorn for tears
Too distracted to sleep
Too wounded to heal
Too busy counting sheep

Lord my cup is empty
Keep me from filling it up
Let me hold on to your tender love
Remove the bittter cup

Bread and wine like placebo
Ritual demands
Too lost for words even now
Take me in your hands

Dad I need you now
As I nail my Brother's hands
Take away this hammer of mine
A quick as you can

Hold me now thats all I beg
As you beckon me to come
Hold me tight never letting go
Restore me and take me home

No comments: