Monday, February 12, 2007

Rest fo the Weary

His yoke is easy and his burden is light. Nothing is hidden from him, not just our sin but our dreams and hearts as well. He is a good Father who takes good care of his children. We can do nothing on our own and are called to trust in the LORD with all of our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. As believers, we are his children in whom our Father in heaven has good things for us and knows our hearts. He sees our eyes dart around, He sees our hearts ache for all sorts of things, He has placed dreams deep in our hearts for us to partner with him and fulfill. He is good, in all of His ways. There will be rebuke but He does not stare down at His children as if they were utter failures. He longs for His people to stop coming before Him wincing bracing to be backhanded because they feel they are failures. To those who pursue He will reward, the diligent and faithful are delighted in and He has uncontainable grace for the immature and weak. In Him is rest alone as He removes the yokes that tie His people down and breathes life into the deepest wounds. In Him is peace and in time of trial He never leaves, commit your paths to the LORD and He will make your path straight. I admit that in all honesty that the footprints in the sand has become almost a meaningless cliché to me, I stare ahead at the onslaught in the distance and throw the weight of the world on my shoulders, He died for me it’s the least I can do right? Does this at all mean that we should throw off all care and do as we wilt, by no means. In the race we do get weary, but those who wait on the LORD will mount up as eagles, swooping with ease and caih-ng at the top of our lungs. Not only is there physical restoration but emotional and spiritual as well. He knows what we can handle and He knows us from the size of our feet to the longings of our hearts. Every good and perfect gift comes from above from the Father of lights. As we press on our strength is found in Him and our lamps needs to be filled with the oil of gladness. Do I say this as to say I have attained it, shoot no, but its His call to the weary, the busy, the broken, and the confused, and all who call on His name. Contend for the peace that passes knowledge and cling to hope.

“Rest in my arms,
sleep in my bed,
there’s a design,
to what I did and said.”

Vito’s Ordination Song
Sufjan Stevens

2 comments:

charity said...

Once again your clarity and depth of revelation astounds me. I mean really, how do you say so much in so few words? I am pretty sure that you are one of the best writers I know.

Anonymous said...

hi friend,
glad I found your blog!!
bless you!
<>< Megs