Friday, May 18, 2007

The Sunrise Does Prophecy My Beloved Return

So it has been a good long while since I have posted anything, let alone a personal reflectionesque entry. So here it goes. I sit here at the close of yet another nightwatch Thursday wearing my Thursday shirt and slightly wondering what ever happened to them. That aside I can say that there is something in the air, not the avian flu, but something that smells of change. Tonight after carousing and chillaxing with friends, Romans, and countrymen I was left with more or less little solace. I don't know what is around the corner, just change. Upon dropping off Kevin Samuel at his ever humble abode I gunned it to the QT, picked up some wine flavored Black and Milds, and then proceded to my little nook off of 155 near N. Madison. Honestly, I don't really know why I got them but I did and just stared into the horizon and talked to God. Not much happened, just some dodgy thinking and humming along to the Danielson Famile mix cd in my car. In the distance I could see the sky erupting in quite a formidable fashion. Towards the east the skyline was covered with a warm orange glow that began to emerge with a sense of great dignity. Whisping away into a dulcid yellow, the rest of the expanse was bursting forth with an intoxicating blue that faded into the darkness of the entrails of night. It was very serene, a haunting peace but it held an anthem of peace within its presence. The sight greatly contrasted the weary groan of all that seemed to be in me. Honestly I don't know what is to come, I hope good things but even hope has become such an empty word. I mean after a long season of having my heart and soul broken an end seems near but holding only irresolution. But there is an end atleast.
The cd cycled over and I decided to mosey over to the room of prayer. I mean atleast there you can be somewhat direct with God and it is just good to be with familiar faces who you run with. I left after the set and just ended up standing outside beholding what I had earlier seen birthed. After a brief conversation with Bates I continued to get lost in the sky. The bright sun was cresting in a glorious fashion over the trees and life seemed to become illuminated. Not in the sense that answers and closure was brought at all but the green leaves upheld the light in the distance and as every day the earth was awakening. I have never been much for describing beauty and joyous things very eloquently, honestly I used pretty much all I have in the previous paragraph, but it was a moment that had me briefly captivated.
God is good. I am clueless and I am glad I have people to run with. My horizon is currently really packed. Three days from now I leave to go beack east for about a month. Honestly I am returning to relationships that lie dormant in a place in which obscurity and apathy swirl in a cyclone of convenient escapism. Sure it sounds harsh but then again it is in America. God is good. I can take all the prayer I can get if you think about it. But yeah.... thats all from here, enjoy a sunrise, but remember what follows.

No comments: