Saturday, June 2, 2007

Mirrors & Smoke

So, my first stint in Richmond endfs tonight. Tomorrow I embark to Atlanta and the mosey over to Norfolk VA and back to where I am. Here are a few thoughts and/statements regarding the current scenario.

*I miss QT, who knew, I mean honestlt sometimes you are just jonesing for a taquito or an eggroll, both of which are of clearly atrocious quality but a taquito and an eggroll none the less.

*Nothing out here is open past 11 pm unless it is a regular alkeyhall bar or the bar of the hookah variety. After being at the hookah bar twice, I yearn for the House of pancakes, they close out here by 12.

*My heart goes out heavily for this city, after seeing friend after friend in sullen monotonous dribble I have this dull ache to be hear, nothing throbbing but enough to make me go, hmmm......

*RiHOP (Richmond's International House of Prayer) is frankly amazing. It is downtown in Carytown which is a cross between the Lawrence, Wesport, and the Plaza. It is two blocks from a strip club, surrounded by bars and clubs, down the street from Edgar Allen Poe's house, close to where slaves were held pre-sale, and a few blocks from the oldest Masonic temple in the US. Let me tell you, spiritual significance. The few times I have gone I have just been blown away by the presence of God. God has big things and intercession if fueled as from outside the windows in this second story loft can see every walk of life.

*I may be taking annother direction in life. This time where as unstructred and uninhibited as it is has left me with alot on my plate. I may pursue the one thing that honestly burns in me, which may lead to me leaving FSM, it is all just very theoretical but life is changing, seasons are dawinng and I stand no only at the forefront of my existence.

*I plan on coming out here more frequently I hope and would love to bring my family out here to see all the great things God is doing. On that note I miss my family at IHOP dearly from the PR Team FTFNF and foreign and student friends alke. My heart aches fo rizzle.

*I am planning on sometime in the near future switching to wordpress I mean I hate blogger layout, and shoot its what all the cool kids do, I mean and then actually getting invovled in a blogging community, that would be fun.

*My summer has now been given the two albums which will most likely etch the memories into my life. These include Silverchair's Young Modern and Jars of Clay's Good Monster. Silverchair where as they are not redeeming really the music alone if breathtaking. It is an album in which I can get utterly consumed with auditory bliss through almost every second of listening. the same goes for Good Monster, however, the lyrics are phenomenal, with hints of blue grass roots I get propelled into thought and smiling whilst jamming.

*Richmond is a good city, I mean historic, beautiful, and in deep need of God. My heart is still deeply ties to this city even after four years. I miss Kansas City its true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you have a ton going on in Richmond of both spiritual and physical significance. I would probably know a little more if you would send me a post card. I mean, you send post cards to my roommate, and not to me? Frankly, I am slightly saddened. However, everything will be fine as soon as you come home to KC. WE MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Haha, okay you'll get some, she asked the night I left so I said ok. Its good to be missed, and I can't wait to get home.

Anonymous said...

get your butt back here already. i mean, i know you're up to good things, but dang. this place needs a barclay.

as does FTFNF, which has been offically and prayerfully reinstated. we await your return.

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Wordpress Rocks! Leaving FSM might be tuff...but the Lord will establish the Work of Your Hands. Psalm 90:17