Monday, August 13, 2007

Again to the Ramblings

So it has come time again to throw down a decent blog. Today has been a perfect cap to a good week. A couple of hours ago I was doing 70 down 71 with the steering wheel in one hand and a QT cup in the other which I was yakking into. So okay, that was by no means a tasteful way to start off a blog, but hey, the experience was one of those things which left me going, “Huh! This is actually happening. Craziness!” I got a lot on my plate as of now. School starts tomorrow, something I have honestly given little thought to but am fairly excited to see how things turn out.
On top of that I am now an up and coming potentially competant sound guy at the JPR. Other than the fact I completely screwed everything up for the morning people on Thursday that has been going well. It is good to actually be involved in something and serve. I really do like the JPR. It has a stripped down grass roots feel. It is a room which is by no means flashy and for the most part completely empty, I love it, I truly do. I enjoy being part of something that actually seems groundbreaking and being somewhat useful, I mean unlike pretty much all my friends who are either musicians or tech people I have been feeling pretty dang useless. Though it is not much I am pretty pumped.
As of tonight I have more or less been given a pink slip from my paper route. The downside is no money. However, this does free me up to be in the prayer room and actually get support raising help which I desperately need. The guy I run it with, Matt, has a friend, Joe, who just moved down here to escape a life of drugs, depression, and the whole nine yards. The friend is more or less taking my place which I am somewhat bummed about but it by no means kills the joy I get from seeing Joe actually come to discover true Life.
I have nothing of theological importance to say. I toyed with writing an entire entry referencing either Sufjan or Flogging Molly but frankly don’t have it in me. I miss listening to Flogging Molly. Drunken Lullabies in my opinion is the most sing-a-longable CDs next to Weezer’s Blue album. Both of those bands need to get saved, that would make me happy. I am weary and am still in my fairly crumbled state and do appreciate those who have been praying for me. It bums me out that I haven’t been able to hang with a handful of people lately but I am happy to finally to get a workable schedule. Things look up. I’m doing on the better side of decent and God is good. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you didn't get sick from the party or something... what were you tossing your cookies for, young man? dang.

stinks about the paper route. downside for me is no more coupons. but that's cool; it was fun while it lasted. : ) thanks for thinking of me.

good luck with school today!