Friday, August 17, 2007

It's Been Awhile

I am happy. Frankly, that is more or less the crux of all I have to say. School started this week which honestly, I was not at all enthused about. Yet my first class has been blowing my mind. This is not in the sense of hearing an amazing sermon or trembling conviction, but it actually feels like a class. For the first time in my FSM career I actually feel like I am in school. The funny thing is that I am a terrible student but I love doing schoolwork, stretching my mind, and being in a place which I can actually engage in some sort of study since I really tend to lack the discipline to do it on my own. I am currently taking Hermeneutics with Karen Schweppler. Not only is it a good class but as supposed to there being a hundred students taking it there are only about twenty. On top of that most of them are my Nightwatch and PR team family. This week we had a debate and my team got the privilege to be the devil’s advocate on the side of universalism. We totally dominated. For the first time I got to throw down with my debate skills in both argument and research. That is one of the few places I actually feel alive if that makes any sense, a smile was definitely left on my face.
On Tuesday my family went out to eat o commemorate the beginning of yet another illustrious school year. At that dinner I receive my new favorite toy, a quacking duck puppet that instead of wings has arms making him look like a retarded frog. It is amazing. As of tonight he will ride in my trunk in order to spread good cheer wherever it may be needed. So far he is the second thing Kacie will get when I die after the Koala lamp. And you can never pass up an opportunity to have some one like Darin Damme shout at full volume outside the prayer room, “SHUT THE DUCK UP!” and then take a second to realize what he just yelled. I have yet to give a name, I will gladly take suggestions.
On top of all of those amazing developments I have to give praise and glory to God and His merciful humility and glorious presence. Last night something hit in the prayer room and the Spirit fell. Amidst a room singing in the Spirit and groaning being called forth I was thrown onto my face. I don’t like talking about my spiritual life/growth/interaction/way I pray but something last night to me to a whole other level I had never been before. I entered into deep intercession, it was great. I don’t understand all that happened but by the end I had tapped into a realm I never had and God pretty much explained what I had been going through for the past year and tied up a lot of loose ends. I left the prayer room giddy as can be and am still feeling a buzz.
That is really all there is to report on. I am currently eating overstuffed pizza rolls and typing on my living room floor and hear bed calling. I wish I was at he PR because from what I have gathered the Thurs 4-6 sets get on the holier side of buckwild. But I am happy pretty much with everything I am at now. It has been a while since I could say that and I am glad this time has come. Tomorrow I have a forest of weeds waiting for me along with some work on my car. Its been a very Shpadoinkle (just think of the amazingnees that word could imply and multiply it by infinite) week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I really enjoy you. Your blogs delight my heart. Um, I have a question and need a guys perspective. I'm teaching 6th grade Bible to girls and guys seperately - we're studying the book of Judges, so I know I can't explain God as judge without explaining Him as Bridegroom. That's an easy task for the girls cause I know they'll love a romantic perspective and - I'm a girl! Easy. But how do I explain the Bridal Paradigm to 11 and 12 year old boys? I know if I say we're gonna marry Jesus at the end of the age their hearts will not be moved, unless it's moved to go throw up. :) A male perspective would be wonderful, and I know you weren't that much older when you first heard it. Help me! Unless you want to blog about it, email me - kristined@starsaha.org or waterfallsong311@hotmail.com

Thanks Jonathan - you're great!

Anonymous said...

yes. thursday 4-6 sets are almost always something beyond the norm. i love it. i took on screens permanently for that set just so i would make sure i was there every week. yes.

and "shut the duck up!" is still one of the most brilliant accidental things i've heard in a very long time. i am well-pleased. : )

have fun in school! muggsy bogues would be proud.

Anonymous said...

Man, I missed the duck quote! Dang it! Oh well. Jonathan, we need to make some sort of hang out time a priority. Otherwise we will be like ships passing in the night and I will only know what's going on in your life based on what I read on your blog.

And that's lame.