Monday, August 20, 2007

It's Now Monday

So it has been nearly an eternity in which I have blogged something other than memorable points of my all too fabulous life or a lamentable solliloqui for the workings of God in the inner man. So with the crashing dawn of this school year and epiphany of an August I figured I would throw down something of merit. At the behest of Kristine, the Vinyardy Mansionite, I will briefly discuss the Bridegroom in a more guy friendly context.
When every guy ponders what they want, it is obvious. I mean clearly what grips at the heart at every testosterone laden male is the thought of being swept off of his feet and then married in an elaborate ceremony in which he gets lost in his husband's eyes. So yeah, that was sarcastic, I feel it necessary to point that out because of the several times my sarcasm has been taken serious due to the utter lack of fluctuation techniques for type without completely throwing off the reader. Instead I would rather have an excessively long explanation which at the end completely diverts any and all attention away from the original point.
Well that was a waste wasn't it, but a pretty waste..... So okay. I think the hinge pin for a guy to fall in love with the concept of Jesus as a bridegroom is summed up pretty well by Solomon in Proverbs 6:34, "for jealousy arouses a husband's fury, and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge." I heard it put this way, the return of Jesus is easily related to the following situation: Supppose a man's wife or significant other was severely beaten and raped. At the hospital he runs into the one who did it to her waiting to do it again. He in turn has all hell released on himself by the furious husband.
This is the very context for all judgment. God is not some being up in heaven pissed off yearning for the day he can give those jerks on earth their due. It is the lovesick bridegroom who is coming out of Edom clothed in crimson (Is 63) in order to avenge His bride. The very breaking point in Revelation 22:17 "The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" It is the very lovesick groan which incurs the vindication of all mankind. Also God feels the way for His bride very much like a physical man feels towards his own bride.
That is all I really have to post right now. Enjoy this tidbit, I hope to be soon getting back to actually tackling more endearing subjects. God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks buddy. I appreciate the male perspective and shall meditate on that so I can translate it from God being "pissed" off at the injustice toward His bride into something a little more Christian schooly. You are a delight.

Anonymous said...

that was a really good read. i appreciate the perspective. i seldom ever think about how strange the bridal paradigm must be for men. i'm a girl, i get it easy. but this little entry sheds some helpful light. thanks.

in other news, the severe lack of FTFNF in my life leaves me wanting. or something like that. let's dang have us a pow-wow and schedule-crunch like it's 1999. word.