Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Heavy Sigh... (followed with periods for heaviness effect)

Come to me Oh God
As my being screams to You
Meet me in this lurid place
Awaken the eternity that dwells within
Hidden mystery and light ineffable

I cry out in desperation
Running from distraction the smile haunts me
As the workmanship of Your hand
Of Your beautiful bride dances
Amidst the swirl of disarray

The voice haunts me as I flee to find Your face
As years of distraction cash in their chips
Beauty and joy alone
Are birthed within Your dancing heart
Take me there I pray

Poetic jargon dulls my tongue
Yet all that flows out is but lukewarm verse
Bearing my arm to the fellow eyes
Disdain lingers in the back of my already
Palpitating throat

Love and delight flows from Your gaze
Your life flows from all You made
Especially the princess who resonates
The glory of your radiantly creative
Illustrious week

Consume me with Your eyes that burn
Deeper than the whites of my own
Your gaze is what tears me apart with longing
To have the very wellspring of life
Beat within my own heart

Bless You Oh God for there is none like You
As Psalms have become clichés
May Your song beat within me
And hold Your precious one in Your arms of love

No comments: