Monday, March 12, 2007

Some Words

These pixels are empty
Lagging musings of a discontent
Distracted mind and a
Lovesick heart
With a heavy emphasis on sick

By no means is this an attempt
To forge a style
Or be creative but merely
An expression of the duldrums
Which crash to and fro
In my very thick skull

My words are empty
Convictions formless
As my heart beats for what is not proper
Propriety never being an issue it seems
Until it hurts
Or you have to get off the couch

My words are empty and opinions hollow
The light that flickers
Needs to rage within the eyes of mine
And out the fingertips

To the few who read this I ask for prayers
I need truth
I need truth to burn inside with violence
I need violence to consume me
The violence of truth that is

Be blessed
All of you
Enjoy the silence
Be loved deeply by God
He knows what you just said
He knows what you yearn for
He knows the stuffed animals you still sleep with...

Yeah I am talking to you
Go team

Anyhoo,
I guess this has no longer become serious but a vent
I just said "but"
Verbally that could have been funny
Anyways.... let truth blaze and let love glow
Its better than a bonfire in Siberia

4 comments:

charity said...

yeah, it is amazing how at the end of the day the cry for truth rings loudest. And it is also amazing that the Lord knows the name of the stuffed animal I sleep with. (Yes, I am 25 and still sleep with a stuffed animal...) Any guesses as to what his name is?

Anonymous said...

amen.

and i prayed for you, yes. so the amen was double the fun.

Joshua Forrey said...

Truth is what we all yearn for. But then again, what is truth? Truth sets us free. So, is truth what we believe as truth? We need Him to reveal himself to us, because we can come up with any belief system we want and with our own theories and humanistic ideas but that won't make it true. Anyways, just wanted to say that you rock, bro!

Victoria said...

I sleep with two stuffed animals...you will never guess their names. ever...go ahead...try. yep....YOU'RE WRONG! i told you you'll never guess...ever. never. stop trying.