Friday, March 16, 2007

Thursday Club (or A Really Good Day)

So I am going to say that today has been by far the best day I have had in such a long time, do not get me wrong I have had some good days, but today was Ridiculously amazing, and that is ridiculously with a capital “R”.

So for starters, today was pretty crappy at first, I mean uber lame. I got up to go to the prayer room and had some attack, realized it was an attack, fought and ended up walking over to Valley View to see if I had enough money for some coffee. So I mosey on over there and I run into Austin Roberts at the ATM and we ended up getting coffee at the Grounds of the Higher variety. After chatting for an hour and a half I had to head on over to class but God messed me up something fierce in that convo and throughout the remainder of this glorious night of wonder, and here is a taste my loyal fans:

So get this, we are loved. I mean we are really, really loved. I mean we are utterly adored by the same very being who came up with the idea of affection, laughter, joy, and not to mention dinosaurs and echidnas. I mean we, people, we created out of the overflow of a joyous harmony of bliss, excitement and love. He who is love is the very one who holds all things together with the power of His Word and everything consists in, through, and for Him. I mean wow, seriously, think about that. God, the one who created bubbles, penguins, walruses, and music is the one who made you out of just the very desire to fill you with His marvelous wonder and have you get lost infinitely within the beloved with whom His children/bride are accepted in. I mean, seriously, upon making the first man (check out Genesis 2:7-9) He breathed (which as I am told was not far off but as close as a kiss, it makes sense but don’t hold me verbatim) into man and he had life. He then proceeds to make a garden specifically for man to dwell in; God did this for no other creature. It then goes on to say that in it were planted every tree that was good to the sight. I mean, thought and effort went into this and this was the place man communed with God, worked, and was with his wife.
I mean a whole lot comes into the story but more or less, God really likes people, a lot…. For more peruse, meditate, and gnaw savoringly on Ps 8 and 139 and John 17. I mean He likes us a heck of a lot. The thing is that is where we are going. The bride entering into the Godhead. Fullness of joy and pleasures forever more are our inheritance as we get lost into He who is. I mean think of all of the amazing and pretty things this life holds, how much more amazing will the next one be. Don’t get me wrong the whole no marriage thing I don’t get but I am sure by the end of this life I will, if not shoot, God is good and my finite mind cannot even attempt to depict how heaven might even smell, I bet fabulous. Seriously.

Ok so I went to class and we watched a video on revivalists and had some healing along with a test, and for the first time ever signs and wonders seemed attainable, I mean I am really psyched, they are things which I am free to pursue and chase after, let alone you who are reading this, I mean God has great things for you and He loves people.

Also in class this guy gave a testimony about no longer being afraid of God and I was totally pumped, primarily because I had been praying for him for a couple months now and I love to see people be loved, I mean its what we were made for and its where we find our security… not to say I have found great depths, I’m still on a journey but God is good.

So the prayer room was great, the Finland Five is always a grand kick start to any night, I am not going to lie. Jesus is coming and He is raising up a witness to Him and the kingdom to come, it is all driven through love and will be established in unity. We will love one another and our joy will be full as the body moves as one bearing witness to what we have all corporately seen, heard, and handled with our hands according to the Word of Life…. I am thrilled, I mean we get to lay waste to the kingdom of darkness, be consumed in love, become one with our Savior and walk into the grace given to become one with Him in joy and suffering.

On separate note, I really love my prayer room team. I have such a privilege to get together with and I thank God for the friends He is raising up around me, He answers prayer and I am thankful.

PFI time came around and myself and the gang got in the Travail Room and began to pray in tongues for our hour. It turns out that in that time my buddy got some serious deliverance. Then another girl in there got in on it and we were in the room for about two and a half hours. It made me so happy. God has been ripping some things out of me the past couple months and I am so thankful of the work He is working in me, I mean He does make all things new and He is so kind and compassionate and tender with us. The entire result is so that we can enter deeper into love and His heart so I love it.
I was so happy for both of the people tonight, it makes me so happy what God does and how He leads His sheep and how He loves His kids so much, I mean I left that time really ecstatic. Another thing I just want to say, Katherine Kasper is like one of the most amazing people ever, I mean ever. She’s got mad depth and has uber wisdom and authority, I am really glad to have big sisters like her, seriously.

Moving on the prayer room finished the 4-6 out with a bang. There is just something about Alisha Powell singing songs about God and goodness and Jesus that just makes you want to celebrate good times, come on. I mean with half of the room bouncing around in that small marked off area was amazing, I like God, a lot, not just a little but a whole stinkin’ lot.

After that I went to Chick-fil-A with Josiah and Dave from my PR team. Those are two very amazing guys and I think pretty much anybody and everybody would benefit greatly from hanging out with those two more, that is just my opinion. I love Chick-fil-A and I love coupons for free food.

After that I came home and began to type this, took a shower and am now finishing this whilst listening to Sufjan Stevens. Upon closing this I will go to bed with a smile know how great God is and pursuing the befuddling adventure of Uncle Traveling Matt (God bless you Charity Bates). So yeah, be blessed, even more so if you read all of this. I will get back to writing serious stuff soon, I promise, but today was a really good day and I felt it needed to be chronicled.

*Random note: Someone should redeem Fatboy Slim's "Praise You"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't actually believe in dinosaurs. for the record. quizzical statement, no doubt, but it's true. i don't believe dinosaurs ever walked the earth. i believe satan manifested himself as levithan and as a dragon; that's about the extent of my large lizard beliefs.

but i do believe in uncle traveling matt. i like fraggle rock... those guys were so cool, but matt was the coolest--he got to see everything! and he sent postcards. i have mad respect for postcard senders. i tend to be one.

charity said...

Man, that was one incredible day! I mean, you were hanging out with some of my favorite people, (remember Kathrine is my roommate...) and you were able to watch one of my favorite shows. Not to mention the screaming,clapping mosh pit that crept up behind me as I sat at the sound board. It was certainly a great day all around.