Sunday, March 4, 2007

A Striking Revelation

My hands are dripping with blood as I raise my head a few inches. The heat on my face intensifies as I see my opponent in front of me, glaring with hatred at everything he sees. I pick the glass of my now numb hands, remains of a mirror I have for so long been striking. He laughs at me as I wince with each piece being torn away, my nostrils only flair larger. For too long I had succumb to lies, death my old nemesis dangles a friendship band we at one point both shared, that time is over, long over. He holds the mirror in front of me, mangled like squirrel in a wheat thresher. The sweat comes off of my brow entering a cut, the sting feels as nothing as I reach for the blade on the ground reflecting the moon and bringing light to a once oblivious fool. Within seconds I grab it and thrust it through its throat, his cackle turns to a gurgle as the pupils in his already leery eyes turn bloodshot. Pain envelops the whimpers he pathetically makes while his heavy knees hit the ground with a great thud. He desires no mercy. He just burns with fury and anger, in dying seconds lurching forward to devour what he can of my flesh. As he inches closer fires rages out of my stomach consuming everything that stood in front of me. Warmth filled me like hot cocoa or a stiff drink, heat wrapped itself around my heart like a coat made of down and Kevlar. Safety set in my eyes as LOVE enveloped me. The ashes of my foe slowly fly away in the distance intermingling with the song birds swooping overhead. A rooster crows, dawn is on its way.

We love because He first loved us. John 4:19

I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. Revelation 1:18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 330 pounds everwhere. But definitively I set this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?